Competition Minus 3 Days
A day of solid assessment training for experts in the Graphic Design Worldskills workshop and test project discussions for Day 4.
Highlights included going through and revising the Skill Management Plan, setting a timed agenda and talking about skill specific details relating to:
- Bleed (it shouldn’t extend or overwhelm)
- Using Acrobat to check Layers, Overprint, Dielines, Print Production Spot Colours and ICC Profiles
- Illustration spot colours and separation previews
- Colour bars
- Die fold, glue and cut lines in & outside the artwork area
- Resolution effective PPI and DPI
- Trapping, and
- The sophisticated competitor hallmarks
Pre competition artwork was uploaded (big thanks to Kezia Albores, Diploma North Metro TAFE student for her submission). Stay tuned until C4 for that outcome.
2017 Skillaroo & Team Australia’s Uniforms
For the first time, WorldSkills Australia ran a nationwide uniform design competition. The winning design has been custom fitted to each Skillaroo and Expert and will be worn for both formal and casual events throughout the competition. The winning design is by Ashleigh Huntley, 2013 Skillaroo and graduate of Advanced Diploma for Applied Fashion Design and Technology at TAFE NSW Ultimo.
Message from The Hon Karen Andrews MP
Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills
The Hon Karen Andrews MP recorded a message to wish the Skillaroos & Team Australia well as they prepared to depart Australia for WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017.